WordPress isn’t just for adults anymore. Stop hogging all the fun!
We’re bringing KidsCamp to Seattle this year.
KidsCamp is a half-day workshop taking place as part of WordCamp
Saturday, October 29th
2:30 pm – 5:00 pm
It will be a hands-on learning experience especially for kids that covers:
- Learning about WordPress and all of the cool things it does
- Being safe online
- Setting up their own site on WordPress.com
- Changing themes and adding widgets
- Creating posts and pages and adding images
- Good blogging habits
- Sharing and following
- And way more!
You’ll need to bring:
- An “age appropriate” kid – 8-14 years old
- A laptop or tablet that can connect to the internet so they can roll up their sleeves and work during this workshop
- Some ideas about topics they might like to write about
- Some images on their device so they can practice uploading media
- Login ID and password for their own WordPress.com account **
** Before the workshop, please help your child create a WordPress.com account which requires an email address. If they’re younger than 13 you’ll need to do this for them.
Tickets are only $20. We’re limiting it to just 30 kiddos, so don’t miss out!
Parents stay on-site with your kiddos. This is not childcare, and you’re responsible for your kiddo. Please don’t drop and run. You are welcome to sit in on the workshop with them. Or if you prefer, get your own ticket and enjoy the oodles of other fun and informative WordPress presentations taking place that day.