KidsCamp is coming!
Maybe you haven’t noticed, but KidsCamp has been sweeping the nation at WordCamps from coast to coast over the past year or so. We are over the moon to be including it in WordCamp Seattle this year and introducing the next generation to the awe and wonder of WordPress.
KidsCamp is a half-day workshop taking place as part of WordCamp on Saturday, October 29th from 2:30 pm – 5:00 pm. It will be a hands-on learning experience especially for kids that covers:
- Learning about WordPress and all of the cool things it does
- Being safe online
- Setting up their own site on WordPress.com
- Changing themes and adding widgets
- Creating posts and pages and adding images
- Good blogging habits
- Sharing and following
- And way more!
You’ll need to bring:
- An “age appropriate” kid – 8-14 years old
- A laptop or tablet that can connect to the internet so they can roll up their sleeves and work during this workshop
- Some ideas about topics they might like to write about
- Some images on their device so they can practice uploading media
- Login ID and password for their own WordPress.com account **
** Before the workshop, please help your child create a WordPress.com account which requires an email address. If they’re younger than 13 you’ll need to do this for them.
Tickets are only $20. We’re limiting it to just 30 kiddos, so don’t miss out!
We are asking that parents stay on-site with their kiddos. This is not childcare, and you’re responsible for your kiddo. Please don’t drop and run. You are welcome to sit in on the workshop with them. Or if you prefer, get your own ticket and enjoy the oodles of other fun and informative WordPress presentations taking place that day.